Recipe by cookee monster
This is my best friend's recipe. I love it. It makes a lot and it freezes nicely after baked. You can make changes to this to suit your tastes. My friend uses 1/2 hamburger and 1/2 sausage. I've done all sausage. I also tried Italian sausage but didn't care for it. You can change the noodle, but we prefer something like a spaghetti noodle. She uses almost a pound of noodles and I like 10 ounces. Some sour creams seem to melt into this when baked and some form a layer of sour cream. If you want it all through add it with the butter and parmesan cheese.
Top Review by twin_momx2
I had leftover spaghetti and ground beef and also needed to use up some soon to expire sour cream, so this was perfect! My family really enjoyed it, though I think next time instead of layering it I'll just mix everything up together and top with the cheese as stated. (There were some "dry" spots according to my hubby)
- 1 (10 ounce) box spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 pints low-fat sour cream
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti and meat. Drain.
- Mix noodles with butter and parmesan cheese.
- Put into 9x13 pan. Cover with layer of sour cream, then a layer of meat, then sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. (I cover mine with foil because I'm not crazy about browned cheese.).
- Bake 1/2 hours if baking right after it's made or 45 minutes if it's made ahead and refridgerated at 350.