Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my best friend's recipe. I love it. It makes a lot and it freezes nicely after baked. You can make changes to this to suit your tastes. My friend uses 1/2 hamburger and 1/2 sausage. I've done all sausage. I also tried Italian sausage but didn't care for it. You can change the noodle, but we prefer something like a spaghetti noodle. She uses almost a pound of noodles and I like 10 ounces. Some sour creams seem to melt into this when baked and some form a layer of sour cream. If you want it all through add it with the butter and parmesan cheese.
- 1 (10 ounce) box spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 pints low-fat sour cream
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti and meat. Drain.
- Mix noodles with butter and parmesan cheese.
- Put into 9x13 pan. Cover with layer of sour cream, then a layer of meat, then sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. (I cover mine with foil because I'm not crazy about browned cheese.).
- Bake 1/2 hours if baking right after it's made or 45 minutes if it's made ahead and refridgerated at 350.
I had leftover spaghetti and ground beef and also needed to use up some soon to expire sour cream, so this was perfect! My family really enjoyed it, though I think next time instead of layering it I'll just mix everything up together and top with the cheese as stated. (There were some "dry" spots according to my hubby)
PAC Spring 2008: Yummy!! Delicious, no fuss recipe!! I did add more sauce because we like things "saucy". I will be making this again!!
I thought that this was reslly good!My mom loved it!My thing is next time I might add alittle more sauce and some onion and bell pepper to it.I aslo used the mixed cheese bled instead of the mozzarella cheese,because that is what I had on hand.It turned out great!Thanks for sharing!