Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
A fun recipe that we enjoy. Looks great, tastes great, and my kids really enjoy the novelty of eating spaghetti like a pie. : )
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl.
- Add butter, eggs, and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Spread over the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10" pie plate.
- Spoon cottage cheese into crust; set aside. In a skillet, brown beef, onion and red pepper until beef is browned; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste,sugar, oregano and garlic salt.
- Spoon over cottage cheese.
- Bake,uncovered, at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella; return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serves 6.