Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and great for a large group.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Grease one deep 11x13 inch casserole dish.
- Brown sausage and onion and drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, spices and water and simmer until thick.
- Toss cooked and cooled spaghetti with butter, eggs, parmesan and half of the mozzarella until well mixed.
- Spoon spaghetti and cheese mixture into the greased casserole dish and press down.
- Cover evenly with a layer of cottage cheese.
- Spoon sauce on top.
- When smooth, poke holes with a wooden spoon handle randomly over the entire surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer or until golden and bubbly.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.