Recipe by Danielle in New Hampshire
This is a staple in our household, very tasty! Children love this dish. Garlic bread and a tossed salad will make a super meal!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was delicious! This was easy to prepare and is a very economical, family pleasing meal. I accidently used a larger size can of diced tomatoes (I had already added a 15 oz. can before realizing my error) and I would repeat the error as it came out just great. I also used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese, as that is what I had on hand. I think it would be equally delicious with either type of cheese. We were able to get 8 servings even though the recipe indicates 4 servings.
- 170.09 g spaghetti
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml green pepper (chopped)
- 226.79 g can diced tomatoes (I use Contadina Brand)
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- Drain and add margarine, parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Line 9x13 pan with spaghetti mixture. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti. In separate pan brown ground beef; add onion, green peppers. Drain off excess fat.
- In separate pan combine diced tomatoes, paste, sugar, oregano and garlic.
- Add meat mixture to sauce and heat thoroughly. Spread meat sauce over spaghetti and cottage cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese and bake 5 more minutes.