This is a staple in our household, very tasty! Children love this dish. Garlic bread and a tossed salad will make a super meal!
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use Contadina Brand)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- Drain and add margarine, parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Line 9x13 pan with spaghetti mixture. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti. In separate pan brown ground beef; add onion, green peppers. Drain off excess fat.
- In separate pan combine diced tomatoes, paste, sugar, oregano and garlic.
- Add meat mixture to sauce and heat thoroughly. Spread meat sauce over spaghetti and cottage cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese and bake 5 more minutes.