Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
An easy baked pasta dish. Wonderful for small children because it cuts into bite sizes that are edible with a fork!
- 1 (6 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain spaghetti. Stir in margarine, parmesan cheese and eggs, while spaghetti is hot. Form spaghetti mixture into a crust in a buttered 10 inch pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain off the fat and stir in the undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and oregano. Heat through.
- Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti crust then pour in the beef and tomato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie then bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.