Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my Mom's recipe. Excellent and easy to make! Very kid friendly as well!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (separated)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- In a large bowl, toss hot spaghetti with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; stir into the spaghetti.
- Pour spaghetti mixture into a lightly greased 10" pie plate and form into a "crust".
- Spread Ricotta cheese evenly over the crust, but not quite to the edge, and top with sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 5 more minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Holy Macaroni! This is delicious. So easy to make, and such a nice change from the same old pasta. Thanks for sharing!
Easy weeknight meal. Nothing fancy, but good. I ued cottage cheese instead of ricotta (we aren't fans of ricotta) and it worked fine. Next time, I will add some garlic and some salt. Thanks.
We loved this! And it has the added bonus of being extremely versatile - it can be as basic or frou-frou as you like, depending on the variations you decide to go with. The only change I made last night was adding a layer of sauteed mushrooms on top of the sauce. We'll definitely make this again.