Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my Aunt Linda's recipe, which I always looked forward to when I visited her as a young girl. Now it is a favorite of my husband's and we make it often.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces canned tomatoes, with liquid cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl.
- Add butter, eggs and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Spread over the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10 in deep dish pie plate to form a crust.
- Spread cottage cheese into crust and set aside.
- In a skillet, brown beef, onion and pepper; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt.
- Spoon over cottage cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges.
My husband and I really enjoy this pie! We have made it several times, it freezes and reheats well for lunches. Thanks for sharing it!
My aunt makes this as well. I think she only uses the first four ingriedients and lots of black pepper. It tastes great to me not hot.
Very tasty but a bit too dry. Very easy to make and would make again. Thank you for the recipe.