Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great way of using up left over cooked spaghetti, or just make it fresh. Ricotta cheese or sour cream can be substituted for cottage cheese. Two cups of any commercial jar spaghetti sauce or your own home made sauce can be substituted for the sauce ingredients in the recipe.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions.
- Stir in butter, parmesan cheese and eggs while spaghetti is still hot.
- Press spaghetti into a deep dish pie pan.
- Brown meat and drain, add onions, green peppers cook until tender.
- Mix in seasonings, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook until all ingredients are warm.
- Spread cottage cheese over pressed spaghetti.
- Add meat mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven spread mozzarella cheese on top and bake 5 minutes more.
- Cut into pie shaped pieces and serve.
This is a fantastic recipe. It has so much flavor. We loved the parmesan spaghetti on the bottom. It just made it. Will be using this from now on. Thanks for posting.
made this with whole wheat spaghetti and homemade sauce in place of the seasonings, tomatoes and paste. sugg estletting it sit 15 minutes after removing from the oven so it sets.
One of my fave comfort foods and a great way to use left-over pasta meatballs, and sauce from Spaghetti With Olives and Tomato (Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca). Made for the Mediterranean event in Cooking Photos.