1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Pie
This is a great way of using up left over cooked spaghetti, or just make it fresh. Ricotta cheese or sour cream can be substituted for cottage cheese. Two cups of any commercial jar spaghetti sauce or your own home made sauce can be substituted for the sauce ingredients in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1Cook spaghetti according to instructions.
- 2Stir in butter, parmesan cheese and eggs while spaghetti is still hot.
- 3Press spaghetti into a deep dish pie pan.
- 4Brown meat and drain, add onions, green peppers cook until tender.
- 5Mix in seasonings, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
- 6Cook until all ingredients are warm.
- 7Spread cottage cheese over pressed spaghetti.
- 8Add meat mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 9Remove from oven spread mozzarella cheese on top and bake 5 minutes more.
- 10Cut into pie shaped pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.0
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 212.6 mg
- Sodium 995.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 44.6 g