Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces extra lean beef, ground
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm.
- Drain well.
- Return spaghetti to saucepan.
- Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese. In a medium skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic and fennel till meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain fat. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
- Spray a 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on bottom and up sides of crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or till bubbly.
Good, good, good. My husband thinks he does not like cottage cheese, yet I sneak it into meals all of the time. This was another example of a dish he loved that contained cottage cheese. We ate it all up!
I really do not like to cook. Very rarely do things "taste good" when I cook. I'm a very lucky woman because my husband does like to cook. So I know we won't starve. But I did it! I actually made something that tastes great and was really easy. That's another issue is that I lose interest so it has to be easy and quick! Yummy stuff.
Great recipe I add spices and extra cheese my family thought it was great way to use leftover spagetti