- 4 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces extra lean beef, ground
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm.
- Drain well.
- Return spaghetti to saucepan.
- Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese. In a medium skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic and fennel till meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain fat. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
- Spray a 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on bottom and up sides of crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or till bubbly.
Good, good, good. My husband thinks he does not like cottage cheese, yet I sneak it into meals all of the time. This was another example of a dish he loved that contained cottage cheese. We ate it all up!
Great recipe I add spices and extra cheese my family thought it was great way to use leftover spagetti
This was very good and was exactly what I was looking for in a spaghetti pie! I made two of these and we had no problem finishing them off in 2 meals. (there are 3 of us) I really enjoy the taste of the fennel seed also.