Top Review by starsugarb
Good, good, good. My husband thinks he does not like cottage cheese, yet I sneak it into meals all of the time. This was another example of a dish he loved that contained cottage cheese. We ate it all up!
- 4 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces extra lean beef, ground
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm.
- Drain well.
- Return spaghetti to saucepan.
- Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese. In a medium skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic and fennel till meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain fat. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
- Spray a 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on bottom and up sides of crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or till bubbly.