1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup nonfat parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces extra lean beef, ground
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Cook spaghetti for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Return spaghetti to saucepan.
- 4Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese. In a medium skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic and fennel till meat is browned and onion is tender.
- 5Drain fat. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
- 6Spray a 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- 7Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on bottom and up sides of crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or till bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 389.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra lean beef
lowfat mozzarella cheese