Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Presented By: Moira Kaye
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- While pasta is hot, stir in butter, parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Form spaghetti mixture into a crust in a 10-inch pie plate (spray plate with Pam).
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and oregano.
- Heat through.
- Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti crust.
- Top with beef and tomato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
This was good and easy. My family really liked it. I did not have a 10-inch pie plate so I used a 9-inch AND an 8-inch. It worked great.