Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Translated Abundant meal or Hearty - and it definitely is! Delicious - Squisito! And SO fast and easy!
- 2 lbs ground beef, preferably lean
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, skinned (optional)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions or 1 cup white onion
- 1 (20 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (64 ounce) jarragu spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- In large pot brown sausage first, if using.
- Add ground beef, onions, garlic, mushrooms, spices, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until meat is thoroughly browned.
- Add tomatoes and water.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring after each 5 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Raise heat to high, add Ragu, and return to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on your time frame.
- Serve over hot pasta with garden salad and breadsticks.
- The longer it cooks, the richer the flavor.
- However, it is delicious and ready to eat after the Ragu has reached boiling.
- Using the Italian sausage makes a huge difference in the flavor, giving it a more robust aroma and flavor.
I made this for a big family crowd and it was a smash! Excellent recipe! Lots of flavor! Definitely a keeper! Thanks a bunch for this one.