Recipe by Janette D
Pasta, eggs, bacon and onions combine to make an omelette that is perfect for anytime of the day!
- approximately 1/2lb box spaghetti
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, approximately 9 minutes. Drain and rinse lightly, adding a drizzle of olive oil to help sticking. While pasta is cooking, cut up the onion and bacon.
- 2. In a 10" non-stick skillet, add the bacon and saute on med-high until approximately halfway cooked. Add the onion and reduce the heat. Cook together until the bacon is crisp and the onion is soft. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Discard the excess bacon grease. Beat the eggs with the water or milk. Add the salt and pepper.
- 3. In the pot used to boil the pasta, combine the spaghetti and bacon/onion mixture. Mix to combine as well as possible.
- Add the spaghetti mixture to the skillet, spreading evenly. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the pasta. (I use a measuring cup for this)
- Cook over med to med-low heat till the eggs start to set and the bottom starts to brown slightly-5-8 minutes. Cover the pan with a dinner plate and carefully but quickly flip the pan so the omelette is on the plate. Carefully slide the omelette back into the pan. Continue cooking on med-low heat till eggs are set, another 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan onto a plate. May be served warm or at room temperature.
- *DIced cooked ham may be substitutted. And feel free to add cheese if you like.