Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta, eggs, bacon and onions combine to make an omelette that is perfect for anytime of the day!
Make and share this Spaghetti Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- approximately 1/2lb box spaghetti
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, approximately 9 minutes. Drain and rinse lightly, adding a drizzle of olive oil to help sticking. While pasta is cooking, cut up the onion and bacon.
- 2. In a 10" non-stick skillet, add the bacon and saute on med-high until approximately halfway cooked. Add the onion and reduce the heat. Cook together until the bacon is crisp and the onion is soft. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Discard the excess bacon grease. Beat the eggs with the water or milk. Add the salt and pepper.
- 3. In the pot used to boil the pasta, combine the spaghetti and bacon/onion mixture. Mix to combine as well as possible.
- Add the spaghetti mixture to the skillet, spreading evenly. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the pasta. (I use a measuring cup for this)
- Cook over med to med-low heat till the eggs start to set and the bottom starts to brown slightly-5-8 minutes. Cover the pan with a dinner plate and carefully but quickly flip the pan so the omelette is on the plate. Carefully slide the omelette back into the pan. Continue cooking on med-low heat till eggs are set, another 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan onto a plate. May be served warm or at room temperature.
- *DIced cooked ham may be substitutted. And feel free to add cheese if you like.