Recipe by Bea
this dish is also great with leftover spaghetti...just adjust the vegetables and egg-mixture accordingly
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I'll just need to leave a comment as the recipe didn't really work like I think it was supposed to. The first problem was DH, who did my shopping, brought home a cucumber instead of a zucchini. I didn't think the cucumber would hold up while cooking so I used some broccoli I had on hand. I don't know that the veggie switch was what started the chain of events or not, but nothing really went right after that. I measured the veggies with a kitchen scale but only used half the amounts. I used my 3 inch deep 14 inch skillet & it was almost too full to stir with only half the called for veggies & the spaghetti. When I got to the egg & milk mixture it completely disappeared into the bottom of the pan. Most of the veggies & noodles weren't even touching the egg mixture & weren't coming together like I expected them to. About 10 minutes in there was still no need to cut through the veggies to distribute the egg & they still weren't holding together to flip so I made a second batch of egg & milk mixture (now 8 eggs total) & poured that in. I turned up the heat to medium for a while. Another 10 minutes & we had very wet scrambled eggs with loose spaghetti & veggies. By this time I couldn't even lift my pan so DH was holding it at an angle & I soaked 6 paper towels with watery liquid in the pan. Once we got the water out we were able to get the eggs to set up a little, but never into anything resembling an omellete. In the end we could have fed 6-8 people with only half the recipe of veggies & noodles & the overal flavor was very bland. Pretty much just carrot & broccoli were the only flavors. We all ate it with something different: ketchup, teriyaki sauce, horseradish & salsa. I wish I knew just what went wrong as I'd be more likely to try it again in the future. Thanks for sharing, Bea! :) Made for the Spring 2009 Pick A Chef Orphanage.
- 200 g spaghetti
- 400 g carrots
- 400 g zucchini
- 4 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in boiling saltwater 10 to 13 minutes or al dente, drain and set aside.
- Cut carottes and zucchini in fine stripes or in small cubes.
- Chop onions and garlic
- Heat oil in frying pan, add vegetable, onions and garlic and fry 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add spaghetti and mix lightly.
- In a small bowl beat together… eggs, milk, 2 tablespoon fresh or 1 tablespoon dried parsley and season to taste
- Pour seasoned eggmixture over vegetables and let cook over low heat, during the cooking process make a few small cuts with a spatula to allow the egg to flow on the bottom to cook a little faster.
- When eggmixture is set either flip the omelette to brown the top or just sprinkle it already with the leftover parsley.
- Serve immediately with a salad of choice.
- Guten Appetit.