Recipe by lelepooh1
I came up with this dish when craving carbonara but not wanting to use cream and also keeping fat low. Also, my daughter is allergic to milk so I try to keep her in mind when cooking. I trimmed some of the fat off of the bacon to keep it lean. This was enough for my hubby, me, and 2 year old (with a bit left). Cook time for pasta is included in the prep time.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin boiling water for pasta.
- Soak sun dried tomatoes to soften in warm water. When softened, dice into pieces.
- Dice onion and garlic and cut bacon into small pieces.
- Heat oil in pan and add onion, garlic, and bacon. When slightly cooked, add diced sun dried tomatoes. and continue to cook until bacon is slightly crisp. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs with white wine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is done, drain and immediately add to bacon mixture and add eggs. Stir quickly to allow for even cooking of eggs from the heat of the pasta.
- Serve with parmesan on top if you wish.