Recipe by lemonlylime
Japanese homestyle spaghetti. From alternate-world.com. Wanted to try a version with weiners instead of the meatsauce and found this recipe. Very tasty despite the omission of the traditional tomato sauce for ketchup. Try it and see for yourself...
- 7 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) Little Smokies sausages (precooked weiners )
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 -6 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk or 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil spaghetti with salt, reserving 2 T of the water from the pot for later.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic when oil is hot. Stir in onions and cook until transparent.
- Add pepper, carrot and sausage, cooking lightly.
- Put in mushrooms.
- Salt & pepper to taste; add 5 T ketchup, 1 T worcestershire sauce and 2 T water from the spaghetti pot.
- When pasta is el dente, drain and mix in butter.
- Add pasta to frying pan with heat on and mix with sauce.
- Stir in milk; top with parmesan and or tobasco before serving.