Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe inspired by a combination of my favorite spaghetti sauce recipes. It is very rich, but I make myself feel better about it by eating a big bowl of spinach with this.
- 1 lb spaghetti (cooked)
- 6 ounces pepperoni (sliced)
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 30 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- place oil, pepperoni, bacon, and garlic in pan and sear until garlic is golden color.
- add tomatos, sauce, and seasoning (simmer 30 minutes or more).
- meanwhile cook pasta according to package.
- serve sauce over pasta.
- opptional to grate parmesean over meal.
This nice rich pasta dish that I made for the "Make It Healthier" tag game. I made just a couple changes to reduce some of the fat and calories. I used whole wheat spaghetti and turkey pepperoni. These changes reduced the calories to 443 per serving and about half the fat at 8.3 grams per serving. Delicious recipe!