Recipe by sasha's kitchen
It's a easy and tasty mushroom alfredo sauce--plus it's light and healthy. I made this last Saturday for lunch. DH loves it so much! Make some butter garlic toast as side dish:-)
Top Review by mommymakeit4u
5 plus! So easy to prepare, and delicious results. Skipped the carrot, but thought onion would be a nice addition next time. Also I used 1/2 pkg cream cheese, but a 1/4 would have done the trick. Just yesterday I made a pasta bake that took me over an hour to prepare. This kicked it out of the water. Thanks for posting.
- 300 g mushrooms, sliced crosswise
- 1⁄3 carrot, sliced crosswise
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 25 g butter
- 1⁄4 stick Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 200 ml milk
- grated parmesan cheese
- 200 g spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add mushrooms, carrot and garlic. Cook over low-medium heat until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes, ringstir frequently.
- Add oregano, basil, pepper and salt. Stir to combine. Cook another 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add cream cheese. Stir gently until it melts, and then pour in milk. Stir often until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In another sauce pan, bring the salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti for about 10 minutes or according to your desired softness.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss with mushroom sauce. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
- You're ready to enjoy!