Recipe by Jody Bode
A popular family restaurant in Hollywood. The Spaghetti Factory, is the source of this unusual Greek-style spaghetti dish made with Kasseri and Romano chesses. From The Los Angeles Times California Cookbook, published in 1981
Top Review by Tiffaliff
I made this for dinner tonight since my boyfriend and I were craving Spaghetti Factory's version. It was really good! The only thing I altered was the cheese; I used all mizithra. We halved the recipe but ended up with a lot of cheese left over, so I'll probably only do 1/4 of the cheese next time.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 lb kasseri cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti until until tender but firm to the bite and drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and cook just until it turns brown.
- Meanwhile, combine chesses.
- Place spaghetti on warm platter, sprinkle with mixed chesses, then drizzle with browned butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley.