Mims & Squims's Note:
Basic spaghetti at its best
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb ground sirloin (optional)
- 1/4 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Heat olive oil in large saucepan or pot. Saute onions in oil. Do not brown.
- 2Drain liquid from diced tomatoes & pour liquid over onions.
- 3Add basil, Italian seasoning, oregano, sugar, & red peppers. Simmer 30 minutes until reduced by half.
- 4In skillet, brown meat & set aside.
- 5Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- 6TO onion mixture, add all tomatoes, & pimentos, and cook 1 minute until just heated.
- 7Spoon meat & sauce over spaghetti & serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Migliore
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 896.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: