Spaghetti & Meatballs Soup W/Mini Grilled Cheese
- For Soup:Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Put in the garlic, carrots, celery, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs: In a small bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, basil, egg, and 1/4 cup cheese. Roll into mini balls using 1 tsp meat mixture. In a pan on medium high heat, brown meatballs in remaining oil until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and meatballs to broth. Simmer 10 minutes, until pasta is tender. Divide into 4 portions and top with remaining Parmesan.
- For Grilled Cheese:Heat a skillet on medium. Sandwich cheese in between bread slices. Lightly butter both sides of each sandwich.
- Cook in a skillet until golden brown on each side, and the cheese has melted, 3 to 4 minutes per side.