Recipe by Tisme
O.k..... so you have made meatbalss before!!!! BUT have you tried Aussie meatballs, using Kraft Vegemite? Go on .................these might suprise you! You can use Beef or Lamb mince for this recipe..... I prefer the Beef as I dont eat lamb. Serve over spaghetti with a sprinkling of Parmesan Cheese. I use fresh breadcrumbs and wholegrain breadcrumbs could also be also be used. ....ohh and dont forget the garlic bread!
Top Review by Chef floWer
Made this for Little Miss and Hubby and they both enjoyed it. I had to leave out the carrots because I didn't have any at home, but other then this everything was kept as written. They both really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting your recipe Tisme
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, finely crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 810 g crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste, salt reduced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, egg, spring onions, carrot, garlic and Vegemite until well combined. Roll mixture into 24 even sized balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add meatballs and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until golden brown all over. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, thyme, parsley and pepper tp taste. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve over spaghetti with the parmesan sprinkled on top.