Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is unbelievable for those who LOVE spaghetti! What is the coolest-is that it's SO easy to make. My family normally can only handle leftovers once or twice. We eat this until it is gone...it's SO good!!!
- 2 lbs ground beef (Hamburger Meat)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped in food processor
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped in food processor
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped with knife
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons of wet minced garlic, in jars
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 3⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 cup olive oil
- tony's seasoning salt
- vermicilli noodles
- In a large bowl dump meat, green onions, milk, bread crumbs, eggs, cheese, and parsley inches Sprinkle plenty of Tony's Chachere over mixture. (This will only add flavor,,,it will not make it spicy.) Using hands, knead until all ingredients are well mixed. Take half of mixture and set in a separate bowl.
- With one half of meat mixture -- roll into 1.5 inch meatballs. Heat 1 cup of Olive Oil in skillet on medium-high heat. When ready, put meatballs in grease. Fry about 6 minutes on each side, or until a Darker Brown crust appears on most of meatball. Do this until all are cooked. Turn oil off & put meatballs on a separate plate.
- With remaining oil in same skillet, add the remaining meat mixture from earlier. Also add chopped onion and bell pepper w/juices from food processor. Stir really good. Cook until meat is cooked. Add tomato paste, sugar, basil, and garlic. Stir good. Add water, enough to make a sauce texture, not runny. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add more Tony's until desired taste. Add meatballs. Simmer on low for 30 minutes, keep stirring. Serve over cooked vermicilli noodles. YUM-O!
This is one of the best I have ever tasted ,The meat balls are just wonderful .