Recipe by cnpick05
I absolutely love this recipe. I got it out of T-Factor Diet book, 1990. My husband gave it a thumbs up and always asks me to make it so I figured I'd share it with others. I'm not really one for spicy food and this does have a little kick to it but I can never say no!
Top Review by hotwatermusic
I liked this recipe a lot! My first home made meat sauce. I subbed turkey and added a bit of cinnamon to mine plus just a touch of chili garlic sauce (the kind you buy at the asian market)- It was absolutely delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large 4 quart sauce pan heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic over med-low heat for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add beef and continue to cook for about 5-10 minutes. Drain the grease.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well together.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat and cook on low for 1 hour.