1/3 Photos of Spaghetti-Lovers Soup
I discovered this recipe in a 'Better Homes' magazine. Made it last night for the first time and it was excellent. I used Fusilli instead of the spaghetti and it worked perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 small sweet green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 591.47 ml water
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 368.54-425.24 jarg spaghetti sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 56.69 g dried spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1In a large saucepan or Dutch over, cook meat, onion, sweet pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic over medium heat until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink.
- 2Drain off excess fat.
- 3Add waterm undrained tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Add broken spaghetti.
- 6Return to boiling.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti-Lovers Soup
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 870.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning