Recipe by dojemi
I discovered this recipe in a 'Better Homes' magazine. Made it last night for the first time and it was excellent. I used Fusilli instead of the spaghetti and it worked perfectly.
Top Review by mydesigirl
This was a wonderful soup recipe! I skipped the carrots and the sugar and chose angle hair pasta as the noodle but followed the rest of the recipe as written. When I make this again, I think that I will add some mushrooms. We topped it with Parmesan cheese and it was inhaled. I had enough left over for lunch today and it wasn't very soupy anymore but still delicious! Thanks so much for posting!!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 small sweet green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 591.47 ml water
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 368.54-425.24 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 56.69 g dried spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch over, cook meat, onion, sweet pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic over medium heat until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add water, undrained tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add broken spaghetti.
- Return to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.
- Serve immediately.