Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
- 2 cups jarred spaghetti sauce with meat
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with their juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 -3 ounces dried spaghetti
- Place the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, kidney beans, carrots, celery, and Italian seasoning in a medium stockpot; add 2 cups water, and stir well to combine.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat, then decrease heat to med-low and let simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Break the spaghetti into 1-inch segments and add it to the pot.
- Continue cooking until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve hot.