Recipe by Shawn C
I made this up while needing a idea for chicken legs, and the kids wanting some pasta I just through this one pot dish together. To my amazement there was none left over! Could also be finished in a crock pot. To add a little zip I added some crushed red pepper! Kick it up!
Top Review by ~Bekah~
This was wonderful. I threw it all in my crockpot as suggested. The smell when we came home was so yummy! Tasted so good... will definitally be making this again and again. Thanks! :)
- 7 chicken legs
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup merlot
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- celery salt
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large dutch oven brown chicken legs, seasoned with salt and pepper and celery salt, in olive oil over med-high heat turning often with the lid on.
- Remove legs and take off skin, place chicken legs back in pot and add onion and garlic and let sweat until just translucent.
- Deglaze pot with wine for 2 minutes (being sure to scrape bottom of pot to remove bits) add carrots, then turn heat down to medium cook until wine becomes thick.
- Pour in tomatoes and sauce and add spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for minimum hour to 2 hours.
- Serve over favorite pasta along side a large garden salad and garlic bread.
- Top dish with freshly grated romano or parmesan cheese.