1 hr 10 mins
Very nice sauce; you should try it alt least once.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Hunt's no salt added)
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (, Hunt's no salt added)
- 1/2 lb ground round (omit both for vegetarian) or 1/2 lb ground turkey (omit both for vegetarian)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt substitute
- 1Blend the stewed tomatoes and crushed tomatoes in a blender.
- 2In a stock pot or large kettle, brown the ground beef with the onions, peppers, garlic.
- 3Pour in tomatoes and reduce heat.
- 4Add basil, sugar, oregano and simmer about 40 minutes.
- 5Periodically check consistency; if sauce is too runny or liquid, add no salt added tomato paste or cornstarch paste to taste.
- 6Sprinkle with salt substitute and pepper before serving.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti & Lasagna Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 408.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 13.0 g