Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just threw this together! I needed to make something quick for dinner tonight and had some fresh herbs I had to use up! It's got a strong flavor so if you're not too keen on that you could use half the herbs :O)I tried to keep it low on the sodium so feel free to salt and pepper to taste. I love this stuff... I'm going to try it on everything!! Hope you like!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Bob Evans sausage (Sage)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar no-salt-added marinara sauce (Trader Joes Organic)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon shallot, dried
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Brown sausage in non stick pan; add marinara sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat 10-15 min till sauce is thickened.
- Serve over pasta or use in Lasagna!