Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A basic dish to know how to make.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 410 g chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 g spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- salt and pepper
- For the tomato sauce:.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft (3-4 min). Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add tomato, stock and tomato paste. Increase to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet directions, drain well and return to pan.
- Add the parsley and basil to the tomato sauce and stir until well combined. Divide the spaghetti among serving bowls. Serve immediately.