Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Simple, Italian, comfort food! This recipe is great for a quick, weeknight meal. And makes great leftovers!
Top Review by Diane S
I made this recipe using "simple tomato sauce" from a cooking channel chef. It was excellent. My husband said to make it again. The only change I made was to add capers and to use black olives. Since husband likes black olives only.
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (can use less if you like the dish a little "lighter")
- 1 1⁄4 cups mixed olives, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 3 cups of your favorite tomato sauce (home made or jar)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil.
- Next, add olives and red pepper flakes.
- Saute for 3 minutes over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, add tomato sauce, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander, reserving about 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss to coat completely.
- Add some pasta water if you need to thin out the sauce a bit.
- Slide pasta into a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil.