Recipe by dojemi
This is such a simple dish to prepare.....dinner can be on the table in minutes. Serve with a tossed salad and crusty Italian bread.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a covered large pot of water over high heat.
- Place the oil and garlic in a microwaveable dish. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until sizzling.
- Remove and set aside.
- When the water boils, add the salt and spaghetti.
- Stir, cover the pot, and return to the boil.
- Uncover and boil, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pot.
- Drizzle with the garlic oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Add the parsley and some of the cooking water to moisten.
- Serve with crushed red pepper for seasoning at the table or add before serving, to taste.