Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
When we lived in Germany, there were Italian gelato shops all over the place. One feature on the kiddie menu was always "Spaghetti" ice cream, which is not spaghetti at all - it is just an ice cream sundae decorated to look like a plate of spaghetti. Here is my interpretation. All measurements are truly to taste, so feel free to add as much or as little of any ingredient that you like. A potato ricer will be required to get the desired effect. It may take a little practice.
- Place slightly softened vanilla ice cream into the cavity of a large potato ricer and squeeze over a serving plate, swirling around and around so that you produce a mound of vanilla ice cream spaghetti strands.
- Make sure your vanilla ice cream is soft enough to press through your potato ricer (too soft and it will melt and make a mess)- it needs to be just soft enough to squeeze through easily, and this may take a little practice.
- When you feel satisfied that you have enough spaghetti stands mounded onto your plate for a serving, then place a small scoop of chocolate ice cream in the center to simulate a meatball.
- Ladle the red berry sauce over the top of the meatball, and spilling over onto the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with some very finely ground nuts to simulate ground Parmesan cheese and garnish with a sprig of mint leaves to simulate fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
I am giving this idea 5 stars. It looks so cute on the plate. I have been practicing to get the 'spaghetti" to look right for when I make it for my granddaughters. It tastes good too. Thanks HeatherFeather for such a cute idea. Bullwinkle
This is great, my family and I were in Germany for 3 years and our kids loved this. We are also military family.