Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is not haute cuisine! A modified Southern Living recipe, I came up with this for the baby and am posting so I can find it easily next time. The sauce is pretty sweet. Can sneak in shredded carrots. I freeze leftovers in individual baby portions.
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 -3 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese, to taste,if desired
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- Puree Italian tomatoes with tomato paste in blender.
- Pour into 3 1/2 qt crockpot; add tomato juice, Italian seasoning and meat mixture.
- Cook on low about 4 hours.
- Turn to high.
- Add spaghetti, broken into pieces and cook until done, about an hour.
- Stir in cheese if desired.