Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A hearty meat sauce makes this spaghetti a crowd pleaser. Even though this recipe serves 100 people, it is very easy to make. This needs to simmer for 2 or 3 hours, so make it well in advance. You can even make the sauce the day before--on the day of your event, just boil the noodles and reheat the sauce. This is also great for OAMC-allow sauce to cool, divide into containers and freeze.
- In a large stockpot, brown beef, onion, and garlic, then drain.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, sugar, and seasonings, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce over cooked noodles.
- This recipe makes about 50 cups of sauce-if making for OAMC, allow sauce to cool completely, divide into appropriate portions for your family, and freeze in airtight containers.
We have been feeding the homeless in our city for a few months now and our ministry has grown from feeding around 12 to now 70 plus. This is the first recipe we tried specifically made for more than 100. What a hit! The sauce was delicious and the folks were happy to have something "homemade" for a change. Seconds were served to all and leftovers for the workers! Thanks TGirl for a great recipe that helped us serve The Kingdom! :)
This recipe reminds me of the time I first cooked spaghetti for a group of 25 at our community center. I spent hours on the sauce the day before. When the time came I placed my spaghetti noodles in a large pot and cooked them. When the pasta was just 'perfect' we started serving. The first serving went to the parish priest, then the deacon and so on. By the time it came to the 15th serving the noodles were mush!