Recipe by TGirl,RN
A hearty meat sauce makes this spaghetti a crowd pleaser. Even though this recipe serves 100 people, it is very easy to make. This needs to simmer for 2 or 3 hours, so make it well in advance. You can even make the sauce the day before--on the day of your event, just boil the noodles and reheat the sauce. This is also great for OAMC-allow sauce to cool, divide into containers and freeze.
Top Review by kimsdodge
We have been feeding the homeless in our city for a few months now and our ministry has grown from feeding around 12 to now 70 plus. This is the first recipe we tried specifically made for more than 100. What a hit! The sauce was delicious and the folks were happy to have something "homemade" for a change. Seconds were served to all and leftovers for the workers! Thanks TGirl for a great recipe that helped us serve The Kingdom! :)
- 6 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 16 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 (18 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 13 lbs spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, brown beef, onion, and garlic, then drain.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, sugar, and seasonings, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce over cooked noodles.
- This recipe makes about 50 cups of sauce-if making for OAMC, allow sauce to cool completely, divide into appropriate portions for your family, and freeze in airtight containers.