Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the ONLY way we would eat spinach as I was growing up. My teenagers love this. My 15 year old son insisted his Grandmother show him how to make this and likes to make it, too. (what can I say, she IS a better cook)
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (17 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb hamburger
- 6 ounces frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Brown & drain hamburger.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce & spinach.
- Mix cheese & sour cream. Keep out 1/2 cup of cheeses to top casserole with.
- You will need a 13 x 9 pan.
- Layer 1: 1/4 sauce or just tomato sauce, 1/3 noodles, 1/2 cheese & sour cream.
- Layer 2: 1/4 sauce, 1/3 noodles, 1/2 cheese & sour cream.
- Layer 3: 1/4 sauce, last of noodles, remaining 1/4 sauce.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375.
This was really not worth the effort. The recipe itself needs editing. ie When do you add the hamburger? When do you add the 1/4 of the sauce you have left? Also, spaghetti sauce does not come in a 17 ounce jar, and tomato sauce doesn't come in a 6 ounce can at grocers around here (Florida). So is it supposed to be tomato paste? Pretty totally disappointed in this one.