Recipe by mischiefmanaged
This is the ONLY way we would eat spinach as I was growing up. My teenagers love this. My 15 year old son insisted his Grandmother show him how to make this and likes to make it, too. (what can I say, she IS a better cook)
Top Review by FL JoJo
This was really not worth the effort. The recipe itself needs editing. ie When do you add the hamburger? When do you add the 1/4 of the sauce you have left? Also, spaghetti sauce does not come in a 17 ounce jar, and tomato sauce doesn't come in a 6 ounce can at grocers around here (Florida). So is it supposed to be tomato paste? Pretty totally disappointed in this one.
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (17 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb hamburger
- 6 ounces frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown & drain hamburger.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce & spinach.
- Mix cheese & sour cream. Keep out 1/2 cup of cheeses to top casserole with.
- You will need a 13 x 9 pan.
- Layer 1: 1/4 sauce or just tomato sauce, 1/3 noodles, 1/2 cheese & sour cream.
- Layer 2: 1/4 sauce, 1/3 noodles, 1/2 cheese & sour cream.
- Layer 3: 1/4 sauce, last of noodles, remaining 1/4 sauce.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375.