Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy pasta dish that can be on the table in 30 minutes - great for a quick weeknight meal!
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- Cut the kielbasa in 2-inch pieces. Finely slice the cabbage, red pepper, and onion. Cut the zucchini into 1-inch strips. Mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, brown the kielbasa in the butter; remove from the skillet.
- Add cabbage and stir-fry 10 minutes. Add the red pepper, zucchini, onion, and garlic and stir-fry an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kielbasa, chicken bouillion, water, thyme, salt, and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well. Toss hot spaghetti with kielbasa mixture. Serve immediately.
Very different and very good. The recipe was reduced to 3 servings. A spicy sausage was used and the garlic doubled. Other than that this was made per recipe. Both DH and I really enjoyed it and I can see myself making this one again. With all the vegetables this is a meal in itself. Made for Aussie Swap.
This sure did make alot and I cut the recipe in half! I liked all the veggies. I also added some jicama strips. I think it needed some more seasoning. Next time I'll look in the spice cabinet and add stuff. Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2010.
This is a deliciously different dish! I liked the combination of vegetables in this with the kielbasa. I used fresh vegetables from the Farmer's Market. So good. I also used whole-wheat spaghetti. At first, I thought this wouldn't have a lot of flavor, but after you get everything mixed together it really has wonderful flavor. A great summertime meal with some bread and a salad on the side. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag.