Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a copycat recipe.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- Make a light roux over a medium fire with olive oil and butter.
- Add flour and cook flour out of raw state; add garlic.
- Pour milk and half-and-half in the roux with pepper and parsley.
- At the last moment add the cheese.
- Place over hot pasta.
This was really good. Very rich and creamy...I used parmesan and romano. Served over angel hair pasta. Thanks