Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom calls this "colorless spaghetti" because it does not have the usual red sauce she usually uses. She made this up one day when she didn't know what to make and we had next-to-nothing at home. I especially like this the next day, reheated for lunch.
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (mexican crumbly cheese)
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon achiote paste
- To make tomato mixture, in blender mix tomatoes, onion, garlic, bouillon, and achiote paste. Strain with a colander.
- Make spaghetti according to directions.
- Once spaghetti drained, in same pot, melt butter and add tomato mixture and boil.
- Add spaghetti and mix well.
- Add queso fresco. Let mixture simmer about 5 minutes.