1/3 Photos of Spaghetti Crust Sausage Pizza Casserole
Pepperoni or salami works well for this also, just layer the pepperoni or salami *over* the pasta sauce instead of under it, or use ground beef in place of the sausage meat. All spice amounts can be adjusted to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 lb cooked Italian sausage, casings removed (cook the sausage along with 1 medium chopped onion, can use more or less sausages)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- black pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 1/3-1/2 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 2 1/2-3 cups prepared favorite spaghetti sauce (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Break the uncooked spaghetti in thirds.
- 4Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until JUST al dente; strain then toss with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 5Spread warm pasta into the bottom of the baking dish.
- 6In a bowl combine milk, eggs, garlic salt and black pepper until well combined; pour over the spaghetti.
- 7Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups (or to taste) mozzarella cheese over the milk mixture.
- 8Sprinkle about 1/3 to 1/2 cup parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven then drizzle with the spaghetti sauce.
- 11Sprinkle the cooked sausage meat over the sauce; return to oven for about 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
- 12Sprinkle with about 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and return to oven for 3-4 minutes or until melted.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Crust Sausage Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.6
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 167.8 mg
- Sodium 1698.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 46.0 g