Recipe by Dookie007
My father-n-law, from Nicaragua, taught this to my Hubby who then taught it to me. It's one of the family favorites.
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti (or linguini)
- 3 lbs chicken breasts (more or less)
- 2 (1/2 teaspoon) packets sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (1 lb) baghispanic sour cream (such as La Perfecta or Sula)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a large pot, fill with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the water and set aside to cool off a bit. DO NOT discard water.
- Bring the same water to a boil cook your pasta in it as directed on box.
- Once pasta is cooked remove from water and set aside.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle shred it.
- In a large pot on medium high heat melt the margarine an sauté the pasta for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in chicken and stir well.
- Mix in the ketchup and stir well.
- Mix in the remainder ingredients and stir well. (You may not think the whole bag of cream is necessary).
- You may need to add a bit of water, about 1/4 cup, because you don't want your pasta to look dry nor too soupy.
- Once everything is mixed well cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.