1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Con Pollo (Central American Chicken and Spaghetti)
Chef Sarita in Austin Texas's Note:
Simple and delicious. My grandmother made this alot when I was growing up and I still can't get enough of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2-2 lbs chicken breasts (cooked and shredded into medium pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup regular plain sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (or two 8 oz. cans)
- 16 ounces water
- 1Cook spaghetti according to directions on package.
- 2In a large pot on medium high heat, melt butter. Add onions, bell pepper and saute for about 3 minute or until translucent.
- 3Add cooked chicken and stir for about 1 minute Add the tomato sauce, cumin, salt and water (for 16 oz water, just fill the same can(s) tomato sauce and fill with water). Stir for about 3 minute.
- 4Add sour cream and mix well for about 5 minutes or until sour cream has completly dissolved.
- 5Add spaghetti and let simmer for about 10 minute It can be serve with white rice if you desire.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Con Pollo (Central American Chicken and Spaghetti)
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.4
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 2151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 42.5 g