Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pasta
- 2 lbs firm tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sicilian green olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 10 chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Into a large serving bowl, place the tomatoes, mozzarella, onions, olives, capers, parsley, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour olive oil over all and toss gently.
- When the pasta is ready, pour into a colander and quickly rinse it under cold water, drain well.
- Add pasta to the bowl and toss.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This is very good and have been eating this spaghetti for a long time. I originally found this in an old cookbook. It is courtesy of actress and author Sophia Loren, 1999 and is called Spaghetti con Pomodoro Crudo and was highlighted on Good Morning America. Thank you for posting, this way I don't have to post it - I commend you on your great taste! Just kidding, Diane