Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
spaghetti with cheese & Parsley. This is a simple italian pasta we make when we dont know what to cook. Its pretty easy and full of flavour
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 -4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 cups red wine
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 dried hot chili peppers, crushed (optional)
- salt (to season)
- Prepare all ingredients, so mince the garlic, chop the anchovies, etc.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add spaghetti and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, pasta should still be a little firm in the middle (just before pasta is al dente).
- While the pasta is cooking, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add garlic, anchovy fillets and chile peppers. Cook until garlic is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the drained spaghetti & toss. Finaly add the red wine & cook until it reduces and spaghetti has finished cooking. Sprinkle parsley and grated pecorino cheese. Toss to combine and serve.