Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was looking for a low sodium breakfast that I would enjoy. (I am not a huge breakfast fan even though I eat it every morning.) While perusing a cookbook that I have had for what seems like forever but never actually looked at before I found a recipe for a Spinach, Feta Frittata that looked interesting. (The Weight-Loss Bible by: Betsy A. Hornick) I thought about what I had on hand and realized I only had the eggs an spaghetti. Hmm, Time to create my own version. Behold the Spaghetti, Chive & Cheese Frittata!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup organic nonfat milk
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 2 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 of a yellow onion (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water and begin to cook pasta.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in a small to medium skillet.
- Add onions and sauté.
- When onions are almost translucent add garlic.
- Meanwhile, crack two eggs into a medium mixing bowl and beat with a whisk until combined.
- Add the seasoning and chives.
- When pasta is finished drain and mix with Eggs.
- Poor egg mixture into pan and stir all ingredients together.
- Once combine place skillet into oven (make sure you have a skillet that is oven-heat proof).
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until egg is 90% cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cook 1 minute.
- Serve & enjoy!